2019-04-29

Microwave Day in Horsens, Denmark.

In the past week end I went to the Microwave Day in Horsens, Denmark, a one-day event of talk and testing of microwave gear.
I did not bring any gear myself, as I decided rather late to go there, and I am just beginning doing something in the microwaves, mostly due to the QO-100 satellite.
About 30 people attended, and most were experienced microwavers, so I took the opportunity to draw a bit on their experience, and see if I could get some new ideas.

There was test equipment to measure small feed horn antennas for dish antennas, and the possibility of measuring power and noise figure on microwave bands up to 10 GHz.

If they repeat this event (next year?) I may have some equipment to have tested.

In the afternoon some groups went out to nearby hills and tested their equipment in the field.

It was good to get to meetings like this, meeting other people who have already made the first (or many more) steps in the field.

Time to start getting some stuff, more than the simple modified satellite LNB for QO-100. I will need some for the home, and some for portable use, going to nearby (or not so nearby) hills ... and the small simple equipment for local tests.

Aditionally there was a show of a - not too expensive - GPSDO which has been used at the oldest, still running VHF/UHF/microwave beacon, OZ7IGY. It can be programmed from very low frequencies, up to 200MHz, and the price is half of what I have seen for comparable devices.


No comments: