2019-04-25

The Beginning of the "Summer" Sporadic E Season.

10m and 6m have been buzzing with European activity today, and some yesterday, too.
Also, I saw someone reporting Es on 4m.
The season has started.
This does not, of course, mean that we will have Es every day for the next monts, but it is a nice beginning.
My 10m map for the last 24 hours show (I think) Es-linked F2 propagation to South america and probably to the Middle East. At least 2 stations from the Arabian peninsula were reported here. Hundreds of reports from European stations and places like EA8, etc.
I am now changing my FT8 listening frequencies to 10m and up. Right now it will be 10m, 6m and 2m, even if I only expect tropo signals on 2m the next few weeks.

Busy times ahead, this time with operation on VHF bands and up, plus, of course, my favourite HF band: 10m.

No comments: