2021-08-23

Flea Market in Frederikssund and Test equipment.

 This was the first larger arrangement I have attended since the corona closed down everything social, sort of.

I am still glad that this was an outdoor event.

It was good to meet some old and new friends. I had been talking to a local on the QO100 satellite, and finally we got to meet in person.

I did not bring too much back home, as the house is quite full of stuff. What I did get, was some good quality attenuators (10W/10GHz/10dB) and an older frequency counter capable of 1300MHz.

The counter has been under test a while, testing the reading of my 10MHz GPSDO. After close to 2 days (warming up the reference oscillator) it looks like the reference frequency oscillator is 2Hz off on 10MHz. Not too bad for HF/VHF, but insufficient for UHF and microwaves. The variation with temperature (there is a simple OCXO inside) seems to be less than 1Hz after warm-up, so stability is quite good.

Reference frequency alignment is in my future. 

The counter does have a 1MHz reference frequency input, so it will also be possible to lock the reference to a GPSDO for the best possible stability and accuracy.

No comments: