2021-08-03

Reorganization of the Radio Equipment.

 Finally, I got started with a major reorganization of the equipment.

The radio corner downstairs, where the main operation activity is going on, had been more and more disorganized, and moving some of the heavier stuff, like PAs, for improved ease of operation is needed.

Most of the equipment is now removed from the shelves (the living room is now full of radio stuff everywhere), and the remaining radios will be removed and re-placed on other shelves this week. The build-up will take a while, but I plan to get the most essential equipment moved, so the down time can be minimized.

Because I am doing this on my own, it is more time consuming than with assistance. I do prefer doing most things myself, but heavy lifting (HF PA) will require some assistance (no problem with that).

When the new "shack" is ready, the operation should be a good deal easier.

At the same time, there is some necessary antenna work to be done this (remaining) summer and in the autumn/fall.

When that is (more or less) done, the lab upstairs is due for some tidying.

No comments: