2022-02-22

A Few QRP QSOs with CW on the QO100 Satellite.

 Yesterday I got my SDR connected to the converter again (after a long pause), after re-arranging the shack corner.

When I saw some signals in the CW portion of the transponder I found PY2PIM and tried to call him, he was gone.

In stead of just giving up, I moved up a few kHz and made a CQ call, and voilá! There he was. 

After the QSO I was called by several stations, activating the LEILA (overload) system, so I could not hear them immediately. I made 6 QSOs all in all. 2x PY, 2x SP, 1x E70, 1x G)

Not bad for a single CQ call.

Since my output to the antenna is less than 3W, I will consider those QSOs as a part of my personal QRP challenge. We shall see how many satellite QSOs I can make this year with this set-up.

On HF the QRP QSO count is up to 80 this year, so I should be quite capable of reaching my challenge goal of min 365 this year.

No comments: