2020-05-08

Ha ! My Pixie Test Mistake. You May Laugh ;)

OOPS!
Looking at my radio desk I found out that I had not connected the 80m Pixie modified for transmission only, to the SWR-meter and the antenna. There was another BNC-BNC cable on the radio desk.

The stability and frequency offset was still not good, but the output was there. Also, the erratic behaviour of the frequency when keying the TX was gone. It was most likely due to RF floating all around.

The 472kHz version is still not good. No oscillation I can detect. Some experimentation with the oscillator circuit will probably provide oscillation, and some RF output from that version of the Pixie.

Laughing is allowed, I did chuckle when I saw the mistake.

Now I need to see if I can make a receiver version with sufficient stability. Otherwise I will have to go for some "real home brew".

No comments: