2023-11-02

Surprise. 6m DX Opening With my Poor Monitor Antenna.

 For 6m FT8 monitoring I am using the 6m part of the R-6000 antenna. 

This antenna works fine on 20-17-15-12-10m. On 6m it's a poor performer.

The past few days I have had many European spots, and I suspected that it was F2 back scatter signals.

This morning a surprise spot appeared on PSK reporter. I decoded DU3LA (Phillippines) in the PK05 square. The first station in Oceania I have ever received on 6m.

The solar flux has not been particularly high the past few weeks (130s), but jumped up the last few days, to about 160.

Who knows, if the solar flux stays high, we might get some interesting DX on 6m.

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Jan, I saw many scandinavians en english stations had a QSO with VK. I received A25R yesterday, unfortunately I was too late but many of my neighbour stations made it to Botswana. It is definitely time to monitor 6m often for surprise propagation. 73, Bas