2023-11-14

QCX Test and Ideas.

 I got the receiver checked. 

Sensitivity on 30m looks good. a signal from the generator at -130dBm is clearly audible. at -135dBm, it's barely audible. This looks quite good for the 10MHz band. 

The audio filter sounds good, with a bandwidth of about 400Hz. That works nicely for me.

I have not yet gone through the alignment process, but I should do that before mounting in a casing. It is probably well adjusted by the previous owner, but it does not hurt making a check. 

Now I need to add an AGC circuit (yes, it's necessary to protect my ears), and use a suitable box. I am likely to add an audio amplifier for use with a speaker.

I will need to move the display, the AF gain potentiometer, the rotary encoder, and the connectors.

I may build a power amplifier to get the level up to about 20W, making this a neat 10MHz CW transceiver.

I am likely to try using a dedicated 10MHz antenna, but initially I can use my 30m long wire antenna.


No comments: