2021-10-10

World Wide Propagation on 10m.

The solar cycle 25 has started in earnest, and seems to be ramping up activity. We have already had a few days with the 2800MHz solar flux exceeding 100. Here is to hoping that it will pass 200 (or more) this cycle. That is not guaranteed, hope is all we have.

The past week or so 10 meters has been a band with world wide propagation.

My FT8 monitoring has shown spots form essentially all continents, every day. The past few days signals have been mounting from North America.

Signals from most of the Eastern United States have been coming in here, from the North West all the way down to Texas. 

Today I went on CW and worked barefoot with my R6000 vertical antenna. 3 US stations and also a single PY was what I could work after coming home late afternoon from a birthday party.

Since 10m is my favourite HF band I am quite happy that it is open with F2 propagation again. I have not heard the band like this in about 6 years.


1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Jan, yes it was quite a surprise. Although the band was open in the past week I only had time to be on the radio sunday afternoon. Worked 5 stations from the USA on SSB and some on FT8. Left my computer on FT8 almost the whole day and saw worldwide spots. 73, Bas