2021-05-16

Week End Activities, P.1: Sporadic E.

 This week end has provided some sporadic E propagation on 10m and the lower VHF bands

My 4m vertical is still not functional, so I tested my low hanging 5-band HF dipole, and with the tuner in the IC-7300 it could be used on both 4 and 6m. At least, I could try to work on 4m, so I set the receiver to monitor 70.200, and sure enough, on Thursday (13th) a signal popped up. S57L called CQ in CW. I got the key connected in time, and made the QSO. Yes, I know! I need a better system to use my memory keyer for more than one radio.

I have now made my first 4m Es QSO of this season.

After this I went on 6m, still keeping an eye, well ear, on 4m.

8 QSOs in SSB and CW were made.

The rest of the week end I had the radio monitoring 6m FT8, and there have been signals every day, but not enough time to work QSOs.

No comments: