2024-07-24

Ancient Tablet. Battery Dead.

 I have an ancient (2012?)  Samsung tablet, 7 or 8", I think that I would like to set up for monitoring some radio related websites. I finally located the charging cable, one of the long connectors, and tried to charge.

Result: The screen blinks with the "on/off switch"symbol, and has done that for a long time. 

Looks like time for a battery replacement. I found a local (in the country) supplier and looked up the battery. The search on their website did show a battery that looks identical, so I ordered one.

The battery I ordered has the correct connector, so I don't expect any trouble. Should it not fit into the casing, I can live with that, and do a makeshift casing. The screen is supposed to be in a fixed position, so it doesn't need to be carried around. If the battery is a perfect fit, I will re-mount the back panel. It has been bent out of shape in places, bit I don't need it to look pretty. Just functional.

At least the tablet had a battery that can be replaced, fairly easily.

We shall see how the repair goes when the new battery arrives, if I need to do a makeshift casing. I hope there is no software fault popping up because it has lost power. We shall see, indeed.


No comments: