2024-01-18

A Bit of New Stuff, Arrived From China in December and January.

 I have ordered a few things from Ali Express recently, Some of this arrived in December last year, and this year until now.

Some of it still needs to be tested, but here are a few things that may be of interest.

Some time ago I got a collection of used 18650 Lithium Ion cells, so now I got myself a capacity tester. This needs to be tested.

I am slowly starting doing some experiments on the microwave bands, so I got myself a log-periodic antenna covering 800MHz - 6GHz, covering the amateur bands 1296, 2400,3400 and 5760MHz. Intended use is mainly for antenna testing, but it can also be used to feed a parabolic dish.

I am beginning to dismantle some older electronic equipment for (some) parts, so I got myself a desolder station.

A couple of LNAs claimed to cover 10MHz to 6GHz. Should be tested.

A Malahit SDR receiver, self contained with LCD screen and built-in speaker. A quick test shows an OK receiver. Nothing spectacular, officially covering 10kHz - 380MHz and 404 - 2000MHz, with spectrum display (max. 192kHz wide) Nice little receiver, can be useful for many tests, especially with portable equipment, but also converters and transverters (receive part only).

There is more, but those are the more interesting things for me.

No comments: