2021-07-12

2m Es Continues.

 This year's sporadic E season could turn out to be the best in my experience.

Yesterday, June 11th, I had the highest number of Es QSOs in a single day on 2m.

4 different stations in Southern France, one in SSB, the others in FT8, and a single Spanish station, EA1SA in IN83.

I am hopeful there will be more. 

This year I have been focusing more on the 2m band than on 4m and 6m when the chances look good, and it has been successful, even if I have missed openings - sometimes by mere minutes.

I have made good use of PSK-reporter and DX-Maps. Even when I was not at the radios, I can monitor the propagation on a separate screen in the house, and that pays off nicely. Of course, when I am away from the house I cannot immediately go to the radio, but at least I know if something interesting has happened while away.

Of course I want to make some contacts with this rare propagation, but I do not want to be tied to the radios all the time.

No comments: