2024-04-29

1296 Antenna.

 A local ham sold two helical antennas for 23cm, and I went to get them. The price was good, and the antennas looked good, and ready to mount in the mast.

Now I am waiting for the opportunity to mount at least one of those antennas in place of the horizontal yagi. 

For this I need the combination of good weather and a ham friend or two to assist.

I suspect the results will be similar with stations using horizontal yagi antennas, and an improvement to local stations using vertical antennas, as the helical should have a slightly higher gain, offset by a 3dB loss in signal strength as is usual when using a circular polarized antenna with a linear polarized antenna.

The weather forecast looks decent, so I hope I can get it done within a week. We shall see.

No comments: