2021-11-28

Successful Test of Amplifiers for 10GHz.


Recently I received some amplifiers capable og working on 10GHz:
Having finished the test set-up I could finally make a rough test. Here are the results.

One claimed to deliver 2W (33dBm) with a gain of 47 dB.
My test resulted in an output of close to 1W (30dBm), with a gain beteween 40 and 45dB. 

A couple claimed to deliver 400mW (26dBm) with a gain of 47dB.
My test result showed about 200mW (23dBm) with a similar gain as the "2W" amplifier above.

Admittedly, the calibration of my test equipment may be about +/- 3dB off when the accuracy of attenuators, and most likely some loss in a SMA to N transition. Given that both tests showed less output I am willing to accept that the result may easily be up to the specification. Until I gan get it measured on a better calibrated set of instruments I will accept that the amplifiers are probably within 1-2dB of the specification.

Now I need to create a good signal, so I can put the amplifiers to good use. 

No comments: