2019-02-18

Tropo and a Bit of PA Trouble

Last Friday there was a bit of tropo propagation on 2m. With FT8 I worked stations at up to about 800km distance.

Further, there is a report of someone not too far from me in Denmark (I did not get the call) heard the 10GHz beacon from the Faroe Islands (OY6BEC), at about 1200km. This is, as far as I know the first time this has happened. The beacon uses a horn antenna directed to Denmark, but this was still a surprise.

One of the fans in my Gemini PA seems to have developed a fault, making a rattling sound. It sounds as if a piece of wire, or a cable strip is too close to the fan. Time to contact the dealer, to see if he has problems with me looking into it. It is still under warranty.

Oh, yes - the ups and downs of amateur radio.

No comments: