2018-09-01

FT8 Propagation Monitoring.

I have always been interested in monitoring propagation on different bands.
Recently the digital mode FT8 has become very common on bands from 160m to 2m. Since my main interest is in VHF I have set up a few older computers, so I have continuous monitoring (barring the risk of thunderstorms) on 2, 4, 6 and 10m.
On 2, 4 and 6m I can immediately transmit (If I can find the correct mouse ;). On 10m I have continuous monitoring only, but a 5th machine can move around all HF bands and operate the transmitter on 10m as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan
I found you!
Sorry it has been a long time as I had set up the comments e-mails the wrong way.
Great blog!
Can you send me an email to the address for me on QRZ.com?
Jim
GM4FVM

Jan, OZ9QV said...

Hey Jim,
So you found me.. OK with your setup problems.

I am afraid my mail to your call at qrz dot com bounced, so maybe my mistake in assuming that was the address.

Well let's face it, my blog has not been too active due to illness, and less activity, but I should be a bit more active now it should be over and done with.

I did run a blog when I lived in The Netherlands, with the call PA9QV. You might find some stuff there, too, albeit more than 3 years old.

Vy 73 de OZ9QV, Jan