2024-04-27

Beginning of the Sporadic E Season.

We are approaching the month of May, and I am seeing the first signs of the sporadic E season. 

For a few days the 6m FT8 monitor has shown more signals from across Europe than a few weeks ago, and a few days ago the first signals from Spain came on  8m. In Spain stations of (certain license type) can apply for 8m permits, and a few have been seen on 40.680MHz with my FT8 monitor.

This afternoon (and some days ago) a few Irish stations were through on the 8m FT8 monitor.


2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Jan, yesterday evening we had strong propagation with RSA and Namibia. I was a little late, no QSO, but have been spotted by several in the RSA. A neighbour station was earlier and worked both countries on a low vertical. 73, Bas

Jan, OZ9QV said...

Yes, Bas,

I spotted RSA and Namibia, so they were here, too.

This morning I had my first sighting of S5 and SV on 8m. Things are picking up.

6m has been quite active with ES, too. Maybe some of the spots I see are back scatter F2, I don't know.

73 en tot ziens, Jan