2023-05-21

PA Transistors Found at the Rally.

 There was one more thing I found at the rally.

1.9GHz PA transistors capable of about 60W linear output, apparently LDMOS. 

I found a set of 14 pieces packed in an antistatic container.

The transistors come from CREE Microwaves and are marked LGA19060-171. Does this relate to 1.9GHz and 60W output? 

I do not know if they are internally matched. If they are not they could be interesting for a number of PA constructions for different frequency ranges.

My main interest will be to see if I can get those running on 1296MHz. Two of those should be capable of generating 100W. If they have internal matching an external impedance matching circuit should be made.

Since they came at a low price I can do some experimentation without being afraid of destroying a transistor, and with 14 of them I should be able to make a workable amplifier with them.

I was recommended contacting a local amateur, as he may have some tips for overcoming the possible internal matching, so I can use the transistors well outside the design frequency.

As there most likely will be a lot of experimentation, this will be a future project, as there are already so many ones already to be made.

If anyone knows more about these transistors, please let me know.

No comments: