2023-04-08

CW Filter for FT817.

 Going through some of my stuff I found something very interesting in a box with crystal filters and ceramic filters: Two 455kHz Collins mechanical filters, bandwidth 500Hz for CW, for the FT817.

One is now mounted in one of my 817s, and is working fine. That one is likely to be used as back-end for the QO-100 receiver system. I think I will use another one for my uplink system. As that is TX only I will run that one without the filter.

I do have a third one with a defective PA. I will likely use that one as a base for transverters, for both home and portable. so I can run 4m and microwaves on that one. I will need to bypass the PA module and make some control circuitry for that one. The second CW filter will likely go into that one.

Mounting the filters is easy, it's a simple plug and play. I like to get those small transceivers running, as they draw much less power than the "big radios", like the IC7600 and others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. I pulled the 500hz cw filter from my FT857 (dsp good enough), and dropped it into my new 818. Don't understand why some bright entrepreneur hasn't used their garage as a start-up enterprise, even if only part-time.