2021-11-25

Error #40 ;) .

 We all do it from time to time. Error #40, also known as "User Error".

Today it was mu turn (again) (Nothing was destroyed).

When testing attenuators for 10GHz I was setting all up (I thought). setting output power of the signal generator, sending the signal through the up converter, got the DC power connected - sending the output to the power meter, and - no power out... Did I break the up-converter? 

No! I had forgotten to set the frequency to 70MHz. The generator starts up with a default 300MHz. the resulting mixed frequency on 10GHz is far outside the 10GHz band pass filter, so no output could be detected. (This does show that the filter is quite good, so there is that).

Set the frequency to the "ordained" 70MHz, and all was good.

I chuckled and got started with the testing of the attenuators (see previous post)

No comments: