2020-05-29

More Signs of the Es Season on 2m.

While I was away doing other stuff, there was an opening on 2m, signals from I, IS0, F, EA, EA6 coming in via FT8. No spectacularly strong signals, mostly in the -10dB range.

This may be FAI (Field Aligned Irregularities), some kind of scatter signals, I think. The openings lasted about 2 hours, maybe more. Of course, 6 and 4m had openings, more typical Es type signals, and for longer.

I hope to make it to 2m sporadic E this year, it's been a while.

Edit 2130UTC: Later in the evening: Many stations have been received on 6m in EA8, CT3, CU3, CN and S01WS, plus very weak signals from across the Atlantic: KP4. - and, of course, most of Europe, East and West.
Signals from EA1 coming in on 4m right now. We shall see if I can make a QSO.

No comments: