2019-05-12

QO100 Frequency Stability.

Today I picked up the RFzero GPSDO. I also went to another meeting, so tomorrow I will have to re-program the frequency output to 25MHz, as the reference frequency for the LNB, and later for the synthesized local oscillator for the TX up converter.

I looked up the procedure at their website, and it looks simple enough, using a simple text terminal program with the USB port, and entering a few configuration commands.

Additionally a multi-output splitter needs to be made as several devices I intend to use, use a 25MHz reference frequency.

Moreover, other frequencies need to be synthesized in a simple way, e.g. 10MHz, 30MHz and 40MHz. The other frequencies should probably also have multi-output splitters added.

For reception the drift by the 739MHz RX is now all that is left. Certainly not as much as the drift of the modified LNB, even with the 25MHz reference crystal oscillator mounted indoors.

The 25MHz reference could also be used for an up/down converter from 739MHz to the satellite RX and to a Ham band receiver, e.g. a 144MHz receiver.

1 comment:

Jan, OZ9QV said...

I still need to find a GPS antenna, so it will take a bit.