2019-04-22

Idea Box: Simple Microwave Transverters.

For transmission to the QO 100 satellite OZ2OE proposes a simple transverter 144 (or 432)MHz to 2400MHz using cheap Chinese amplifier, synthesizer and mixer modules.
I will most probably do it mostly this way, although, while I lack a sufficiently good filter I might ise the RF amplifier/filter part of a MMDS converter as a filter/amplifier, removing the power (and maybe the components from the LO/Mixer part.

Having transmitter capability for 2400MHz, I think that a receive possibility should be added, too. either by using a modified MMDS converter (I still need to change the filter frequency of that one) or some more Chinese modules.

Lately I saw a Croatian microwave website proposing a "poor man's 5.7GHz transverter", also using the cheap Chinese modules. After getting on the satellite, getting fully on 2.4HGZ and 10GHz, I may look into that.

It looks like I will have to learn the mechanical skill of making pipe cap filters before I proceed much further.

No comments: